There are many ways to handle the deposit process for puppies. No way is perfect, but we have developed our method with careful thought and consideration.
Due to the high interest in our puppies, we now require a $100 deposit to be on our waiting list. (This $100 goes to the full purchase price of the puppy.)
1) To be on our waiting list, we require a non-refundable deposit of $100. (This deposit is ONLY refundable if a puppy is not born within 18 months of the day you made the deposit.)
2) The puppies are born, and we give them 1-2 weeks to grow before we begin accepting a second non-refundable $350 deposit. At this time, we ask that you specify what gender you want. You have 5 business days to make this deposit via check, Paypal, or cash. (Note: If Paypal charges us any fees, we pass them onto you at pick up time. We don't allow handling of the puppies by those outside our family at this age due to the stress it can cause on the mother and the possible spreading of disease. Thanks for understanding.)
3) At 4-5 weeks of age, we allow you to come visit and meet us, the parents, and the puppies.
4) The puppies visit the vet between 6-7 weeks old. After their health check at the vet, we allow families to choose their puppies in order of the waiting list.
5) Puppies are typically ready to go home at 8 weeks of age. We do not ship, unless special arrangements have been made. We ask that you bring the balance due for the puppy in cash. You may also use Paypal, but, again, we will pass on any fees. (Note: If you prefer, you can pay the balance when you pick out your puppy at 4-5 weeks with a check.)
Please feel free to contact us with any questions!
"The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein." Psalm 24:1
All photos and text are property of Russell Homestead. Use only with permission.